"The white fathers told us, "I think, therefore, I am" and the black mother within each of us – the poet – whispers in our dreams, I feel, therefore I can be free."- Audre Lorde

Monday, June 8, 2009

commune. i. tea.

the other night Todd pointed out to me that I too was a neo- nun. i dig this.
it got me thinking about how much i enjoy the fellow neo- nuns, and monks i cohabitate with intentionally.


These are the people--- this is the community--- that i adore, breathe,celebrate, create, contemplate, conspire, cry,cook, commit, dream, dumpster-dive, eat,feast, fast, groove, grow,give, hope, itch, identify, joke, knead, live, love, mourn, meditate, meet,negotiate, osculate, pray, play, plant, perspire, question, rebel, reconcile, serve, share, snuggle, submit, tidy, unite, write, worship, volunteer, xerox, yawn and zoom with.

From having to reach house consensus on the minimum amount of crackers that is acceptable to leave in the box, to telling our own vulnerable stories of desperation and hope, around a campfire in the rain.... these are the people, this the community, who helps me see the God colours in the world, and encourages me to grow. throughout the day to day nitty griddies of living in community, i am inspired continuously by the people i am surrounded by, to carve out and discover a stronger and deeper sense of self that's defined and sculpted by love. love from the Creator. and love for his creation. and for this beautiful and sometimes painful blessing called community, i am thankful. because of it, i am one heart-beat closer to the freedom, peace, connection and wholeness that my spirit has longed for.

1 comment:


snail coitus makes me smile