"The white fathers told us, "I think, therefore, I am" and the black mother within each of us – the poet – whispers in our dreams, I feel, therefore I can be free."- Audre Lorde

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

four days with god

Thursday
i am
with fists
clenched pounding
on your legs
like towers
they loom high
below
i lay small
by your feet
crying, punching, cursing
those legs
all i can reach.

Friday
i am with absence
on a bed
arms crossed
door closed
distance for spite
silent but you hear
your ear to the door
i left you

crying on the other side.
Saturday
Asleep
with breath
i scream
in sleep
I hate you
but you creep in
and kneel
on those knees
that were always too tall to see
you kneel by the bed
i swore you from
and with one big hand
you gently sweep one small strand
of hair from my eye
and kiss my head.

Sunday
You drink orange juice
while i pace
wondering how many oranges
it takes
to quench you.
you stand
i sit
and once more
your legs
are all i see.
.my god,my god.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment


snail coitus makes me smile