"The white fathers told us, "I think, therefore, I am" and the black mother within each of us – the poet – whispers in our dreams, I feel, therefore I can be free."- Audre Lorde

Thursday, July 8, 2010

raspberry fields forever


This evening julian and i went to a lovely raspberry farm and picked amazingly delicious raspberries. We snuck ate copious amounts while in the fields. so much so that our bellies told us to stop. but we didnt listen.

there's something strangely magical about being near large fields, with an overlapping of fresh fruit and wild flowers, around dusk, on a hot summers eve. my lungs felt like wings. breathing in all that amazing rural air, they, my lungs fluttered about in the cavity of my chest.
whimsical. it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment


snail coitus makes me smile