"The white fathers told us, "I think, therefore, I am" and the black mother within each of us – the poet – whispers in our dreams, I feel, therefore I can be free."- Audre Lorde

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

cherry

Last year at this time I bought myself a large box of cheap crayons, to "celebrate" the last day of school. I spent the first few days of spring/summer vacation sporadically organizing them into categories of least to most favorite colour. I'd leave them on the dining room table, so I could sigh happily when I went through the room. When that got old, i categorized them according the "coolness" quality of their named descriptions. This made me happy, and temporarily distracted me from secretly missing school. Although i do like summer -- a pantless bliss of outdoor pleasure reading and destination-less flip flop walks -- i always go through a silly "no more classes/ time consuming essays" mourning period. After drawing with my crayons, a few mind-blowing portraits of Andrew eating various house hold items, my creative virility dried up a bit. and my commemorative crayons were placed in an empty yogurt container, and now sit on the floor, to the left of my bed.
I figured this year, instead of getting more crayons to commemorate/grieve the last moments of school, I'd get a blog instead. haha, Perhaps a blog will deter me from gazing longingly at old sexuality textbooks, and quietly reciting passages from my favorite feminists, in the shower. (although i will most likely continue the shower recitals)
Love, shannon.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon!
    I came from Lesley.
    I think I've met you a couple of times but I never guessed you were an introvert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. or is it the snail that is the introvert?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you might not be thinking of the right person aphra. shannon is very shy, it can take years to get her to talk in a group setting. that's why i'm super excited about her blog, so people get a chance to get a glimpse inside her wonderfully unique brain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited!!! Thank you for letting us have a glimpse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry, I was thinking of Joanna's shower party. it is a nice blog!!! sorry if I messed up your comments.

    ReplyDelete


snail coitus makes me smile