"The white fathers told us, "I think, therefore, I am" and the black mother within each of us – the poet – whispers in our dreams, I feel, therefore I can be free."- Audre Lorde

Monday, February 1, 2010

Arnie was still a hamster


As a child one of the scariest dreams I ever had was that my hamster Arnie had turned into a pickle. For some reason this made me incredibly upset... I even remember waking my parents up because i felt i needed comfort.
The next morning I went to go check on Arnie, and he was gone! In his little hamster den, lay an actual dill pickle.
I wept. Partly out of sadness, and partly out of my perceived curse of prophecy.
Luckily, the pickle wasnt the result of prophesy, but rather my dads sneaky sense of humour....
its good to know that dreams don't always come true.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a joke.

    I met a woman last night with the last name of Arnie. She was nothing like a hamster.

    ReplyDelete


snail coitus makes me smile