"The white fathers told us, "I think, therefore, I am" and the black mother within each of us – the poet – whispers in our dreams, I feel, therefore I can be free."- Audre Lorde

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

colours

you were that child
beneath and between
flickering screen.
You cried, while they watched
the pain, the colours
penetrate between the spaces
you knew were yours.
Colours. You hated.
Colours. You see. In him. In me.
Tainted and throbbing, like the space left in between.
You were that child,
plucking shards from your knee
from the glass we once shared
from the glass he broke
we bled, we bleed.
together
but it's him I hold,
him, with fists full.
Him, who watched, who delighted
in the unspeakable colours
as they escaped you, like a death spirit
you breathed in black and white
to escape without the hurt
In you my own heart breaks,
in you my own colours
press too deep.
Without you, I am myself,
that child,
beneath and beyond
that flickering screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment


snail coitus makes me smile