"The white fathers told us, "I think, therefore, I am" and the black mother within each of us – the poet – whispers in our dreams, I feel, therefore I can be free."- Audre Lorde

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

When a Feeler, forgets to take the Pill

I'm a natural feeler and I forgot to take "the pill" for 3 days. (which terribly and exponentially intensifies my crazy feelings) This is what happened: I cried a lot over weird things.
I cried Sad tears:
-when i was trying to explain to andrew that if he ate after 10pm, his organs wouldn't be able to rest and rejuvenate themselves properly (i felt sad for them) -when i listened to "Puff the Magic Dragon". (the lyrics "one grey night it happened, jackie paper, came no more, and Puff that magic dragon, ceased his fearless roar", gets me every time)

- in the line-up at the bank

- when i couldn't get the smell of buckwheat out of my kitchen
- while reading a book about pigs
- when the application process for college only took me 10 minutes (instead of a week like Grad school did)
- when andrew questioned my vegan soy butter
- when someone i love told me they were thinking about moving to the Suburbs
- because i couldn't pay rent with the Harvey's gift-cards i got for Christmas
- when i saw the words "shannon cardiff" printed on a schedule
- because my armpit hair was less impressive then man-husbands
- when andrew threatened to eat a can of chick-peas, I'd been saving to make hummus (there was a few f-bombs on my part...)
Happy Tears:
- on the side-walk, after receiving my first pay cheque
- while reading a book about the Digestive System (it's just so, so magical)
- while watching Joe Cocker perform at Woodstock, on a library-rented documentary
- while looking at babycats on kijiji
- during Oprah (i cry whenever she does...its CRAZY)
- when the dog on Martha Speaks, lost her ability to speak, but then gained it back again
- while trying to describe my favorite tea

2 comments:

  1. Uhoh! The other thing that sometimes happens when a feeler forgets to take the pill is that she gets pregnant! And then the crying about everything will last for nine long months! When I was pregnant I cried when I had friends over and it was time for them to leave. I cried when I noticed just how green the grass was. I cried when I heard beautiful music. I cried when I listened to the news.... the list goes on, but this isn't my blog post, so I'll stop now.
    Hopefully you were able to enjoy your state of heightened emotionality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha rach! i love this. we should totally include "list of bizzare things that made me cry" as an activity for our Storytellers List-Making night.
    I really enjoy hearing about unusual things people cry about...or get angry about.
    these are awesome.

    ReplyDelete


snail coitus makes me smile