"The white fathers told us, "I think, therefore, I am" and the black mother within each of us – the poet – whispers in our dreams, I feel, therefore I can be free."- Audre Lorde

Sunday, May 24, 2009

i JUST said we bought cotton candy.

meet lesley-- she's reaching for a plate of seaweed, in a long submarine. lesley is a visibile minority in syracuse. thats why she is my kindred heart friend. she makes makes my life sparkly with joy. yesterday we went on a daytrip to NewYork state, and it was exceptionally lovely. we saw a delightful "Post Secret" http://postsecret.blogspot.com/ exhibit at a art gallery, ate sushi, shocked and amazed (or horrified?) locals on the street, "awwed" over and spied on various wild animals, ate at a diner in Watertown and discovered the enigmatic definition of "cool", by analyzing the figure of the Fonz. by doing so we concluded that squaredancing was indeed cool, because it is somewhat counter-cultural and therefore unwittingly bad ass. we discovered that in order to live in syracuse it is mandatory for americans to have at least three LARGE body tattoos in very visible places. i also realized that im a sucker for women with new york accents that call me "sweetie" or "honey". i almost immediately want to send them homemade christmas cards for the rest of their lives, just to show how much i love them. i also realized i really like walking down the street with the-white-girl- with- dreads and that i like secrets. alot. almost as much as i liked giving the flamingos at the zoo a dirty look when les wasnt looking.
what a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. this made me laugh a lot.

    i liked discovering your feelings towards the flamingos.

    i also thought that was an interesting picture of my tattoo.

    you captured the experience nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one of my favorite pictures of you! your tattoo looks amazing. plus your pracrtically sweating cool.

    ReplyDelete


snail coitus makes me smile