"The white fathers told us, "I think, therefore, I am" and the black mother within each of us – the poet – whispers in our dreams, I feel, therefore I can be free."- Audre Lorde

Thursday, May 21, 2009

rejuvination


This morning i hung my laundry out to dry for the very first time in my whole life.
It was a surprisingly cathartic and peaceful experience. there's something quite beautiful and promising about the whole process, that makes me more aware of my own nakedness. part of me feels somewhat envious of my clothing, as they dance carelessly in the wind and bask lovely-ly in the gentle sun. i like that their hung only by two small pegs, yet in their freedom their still centred and rooted. i miss that feeling. im happy for my sweaters and my purple dress... happy that they find liberation in the world, even if its only for a thursday afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. i am continually impressed by your posts. this one was especially uplifting.
    i noticed the laundry on the line this aft. and had a happy thought of community and appreciating the sun and our home.

    liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe you'd never hung laundry before! I can't imagine life without doing so. I've done it since I was a girl. And I still love it. It's my very favourite household chore.

    ReplyDelete


snail coitus makes me smile