"The white fathers told us, "I think, therefore, I am" and the black mother within each of us – the poet – whispers in our dreams, I feel, therefore I can be free."- Audre Lorde

Monday, May 25, 2009

still my brad pitt

...when i was 10, i had a major crush on fidel castro. while all the other girls in my class drooled over the backstreet boys, i secretly fantasized about sharing a cigar with the marxist revolutionary and prime minister of Cuba.
in sixth grade i wrote a paper about why communism was beautiful. it both shocked and confused my teacher, who looked worriedly at my 10 inc sketch of castro, bordered with hearts around it.

i wanted to have his lovechild.

Yesterday i went to see the movie Che, and i realized the only thing that drew me to wanting to watch the film was the potential possibility of seeing castro on a giant screen. when i saw him my heart still felt all giddy. its strange, but fidel castro is my brad pitt.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"I find capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it causes war, hypocrisy and competition." F.C.

5 comments:

  1. Different strokes for different folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this far too much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get past the facial hair. Otherwise his views on capitalism are noted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im a sucker for unrulie facial hair and olive green.

    ReplyDelete


snail coitus makes me smile