"The white fathers told us, "I think, therefore, I am" and the black mother within each of us – the poet – whispers in our dreams, I feel, therefore I can be free."- Audre Lorde

Saturday, March 13, 2010

instant comfort

Things I find Comforting: (and remind me everything will be okay)

-secretly watching women apply lipstick from a distance (preferably while on a bus, in a library, or in a lineup)
- when my mom chews gum
- when pink, purple, and burgundy occupy the same place at the same time, without me expecting it
- surprise artichoke hearts
- the sound of other people peeing in the morning
- being barefoot in public places, and almost getting in trouble, but not really getting in trouble
- the colour beets leave on your skin after you cut them
- dark little rooms
- the way smoke dances when you exhale
- andrew's hand writing
- thick blankets that are sort of ugly, but not incredibly ugly
- when you accidentally touch my arm
- sitting close to others while they draw really slowly
- infomercials about unnecessary kitchen appliances
- when others put face paint on my face
- clips on youtube about morphing
- thinking about dinosaurs being in love
- my aunt elaine's voice
- the sound of a lawn-mower
- highlighters
- an opportunity to stick a sticker on something
- watching snails
- the theme song from Family Matters
- sequins
-waitresses that call me "hon" or "sweetie"
- when men on movies drink liquor in tiny round cups on ice
- Noxzema
- unexpected tea parties
- when people pretend to put my hair in a pony tail, without asking first
- looking at clouds through my nose-ring
- "Have you ever seen the rain?" by CCR
- looking in my underware drawer, while not wearing underware
- when people whisper for no reason
- watching people without umbrellas in a rainstorm
- when there's a small light on, at nighttime, in my neighbours window
- smelling other people's doorways

No comments:

Post a Comment


snail coitus makes me smile