"The white fathers told us, "I think, therefore, I am" and the black mother within each of us – the poet – whispers in our dreams, I feel, therefore I can be free."- Audre Lorde

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Number Two: Dreams

While in Cuba I had two very distinct and bizarre dreams-- both of which significantly enhanced my vacation.
Tuesday night I dreamt about two Police men. I was outraged by them (as usual) and the entire dream i screamed at them on to the very top of my lungs, over and over again, "I'M GOING TO KNOCK OUT EACH ONE OF YOUR TEETH, SHOVE THEM UP YOUR COLON, AND YOU WILL CRY OUT UNTIL THE TOOTH FAIRY COMES!"

The night after I had a dream about Jackie Sisson.

Jackie was an ugly street dog that followed us around near the pool side at our resort. She had a bleeding tail from eating it, a perpetual poop stuck between her legs, patches of random baldness, gooie eyes, fat ankles, and MASSIVE teats that dragged on the ground when she walked.
I dreamt that I saw her in a Cuban humane society and decided that since she was so ugly, no one would ever ever adopt her so it was only fair just to do her in. I asked that she be euthenized, and i decided that she would make the most PERFECT souvenir for my mom. So i put Jackie in a big envelope and placed her in my carry on. When I got to customs however, they said "this will cost 2,000 Pesos to bring back to Canada. I was really pissed. The whole tragedy of the dream was not the rotting dead dog corpse in an envelope, but that I had to pay a tax fee. I remember yelling "Oh no! I cant spend 2,000 pesos on my moms souvenir, and only 3 pesos on my dads! That's not fair".

No comments:

Post a Comment


snail coitus makes me smile